Wednesday, December 12, 2007

!Viva La Virgen de Guadalupe!

Tonight, the Spanish Club hosted La Celebracion para La Virgen de Guadalupe.
So happy day of the Virgin of Guadalupe!!! She is extremely celebrated in Mexico, and notably, among Hispanic communities here in MN (or anywhere in the US for that matter)

Juve and I went to La Misa (mass) this morning at 5 AM to attend the special mass in honor of the Virgin. A Mariachi band was there; they sang beautifully and just set the mood. I've got to smile because Juve and I actually got there quite earlier than we needed to be... But oh well! Valio la pena.
At least I didn't listen to my dear friend when he told me he thought it maybe started at 4 am!;)

But the celebration put on by the Spanish Club tonight got a big turn out --- a lot bigger than was planned.
We had the Banda/Ranchera music going as well as some riquisima food options... como
sopes, gorditas, flautas, pozole, agua de orchata (which was a big hit!)
Then Juve told the history of the Virgin of Guadalupe in spanish while I interpreted... so I am thinking we will do this every year!:) Each year it will be better and more planning will go into it... Sera muy bien.

So UN MONTON DE GRACIAS a... Carrie Carroll ( and all of the people from Admissions*) and Emiliano (inc. Hispanic/Latino Services)
Thank you so much.

VIVA LA VIRGEN! VIVA!

No comments: