Saturday, December 29, 2007

Putting the Hockey Skates to the Test

I almost had to take a spill in order to find out that hockey skates do not have a back to them [like figure skates do]. But soon I realized the benefits of these hockey skates that were before foreign to me... now I didn't have to worry about tripping over the small "spikes" that the front point of the figure skates have, i could skate backwards much easier, and although the small children wearing face masks were skating oblivious to all people around them, I actually felt much more comfortable skating than the last time I had... the legs were letting loose and the fears were becoming minimal! Wohooo!!
This break I am trying to do some more "unique" things--it's nice to get out of the house and do something I ordinarily wouldn't do. However, I've gotta say that the small girls on the rink whipping out the professional spins, jumps, and whatnot,...well they were a little intimidating! ;)

To the Bud King Ice Arena!

No comments: