Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Journey to the Acoustic Cafe

Mom and I are here in the good hometown of Winona... break has been good... really nice. I am surprising myself by the amount I have slept in - Sleeping in, for me, is usually 9 am. Since break began, I have almost stayed in bed until around 10:30 - impressive!
But it's snowing today! So we decided to walk to one of Winona's most infamous coffee shops, "Acoustic." The snow is light and it just gives you a content feeling.mmmm. Work wasn't too bad this morning; no Chuck Norris jokes - yet.
Speaking of walking, though, it really is a nice idea to get and and venture to your destinations! Acoustic isn't too far from my house, so why not walk!? I am a big promoter of caring for the environment, so I have to live out what I promote and use alternative forms of transportation, for example, when I can and even when I may not feel like it. For one reason, walking rather than driving helps me to relax and replenishes me with an understanding of why I love to be outdoors. Furthermore, the other night while walking home, I noticed myself jumping up and planting my feet into freshly fallen snow, just to look back and see my clear tracks. Then as I was nearing my house, I realized absolutely no car was on the street and no one was around... sure, some homes had their lights on but it just didn't seem to matter... So what did I do? Well I started jumping and spinning around down the middle of the street, doing a little skipping. And might I add that no one was with me... yes, I am still prideful of this "childish" moment. I have decided that people need to lighten up more and not be afraid to make a "fool" of themselves at times!
So I find myself being reminded to live out this challenge...:)

Drink of the day: Cafe Miel
--for ensured enjoyment: add the details of... skinny, extra hot, one espresso shot

No comments: