Sunday, December 30, 2007

News Downhill

I don't know the number of college students, or high schoolers for that matter, who watch the news. And yes, I strongly believe it is important--vital--to be informed and have an opinion on the happenings and views of the U.S. and further countries... But what I find myself more and more disappointed in is the quality of the news. Now you can't watch CNN , which USED to be my favorite news station, without seeing reports and reviews of celebrities and their drunken occurrences or hearing about the reaction of a statement that was made by Britney Spears, etc... As society grows, it seems that more and more it is extremely tainted... whether it is by bias, bad coverage, governmental influence, or what have you... so when watching the news, we must remember to use our "personal filter."
--I also recommend watching/listening to BBC News
They have shown to me the most commendable service .

:)With inquisitive interest to worldly events,

Annika

No comments: