Friday, December 21, 2007

Some Holiday Gamin'

I finally went back to my high school!! --Well, tonight I went back with some friends (from St. Ben's, St. Thomas, Mankato, etc.) to see my "old" high school guy's basketball team play. It was a win, I must add!
... But let's admit, I enjoyed socializing with the adults much more than I did watching the game. I truly believe one of the aspects I miss most about my hometown is (not including my family) the parents of my friends. It's great the conversations you can get out of your friends' parents. Or is this so commonly found? Maybe I just get my kicks out of different things... like, for example, talking to Judy (my friend Erin's mom) tonight amongst a crowd of cheering/screaming fans. Then later we all (including Judy) resorted to my other friend's house (Judy and this friend's mom are close friends)... So throughout this time I found myself delving into what I had learned in my philosophy class with Professor Crockett. Then we later talked about "humanity's biggest downfall" --the automobile (from an article from my History class w/ Prof. Gustafson) and furthermore went back and forth on how technology has affected people (for the good and bad) ---opinions??

But I am leaving you all with this quote to ponder on for the noche:
(It goes something like this...)
"The Rail Road rides upon man, rather than man riding upon the Rail Road."

No comments: