Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's going on in that mind

It's crazy how younger kids really do listen to what you say, and moreso how they soak it in and bring back your words when you least expect them to do so...

The other day I was downstairs in my main space of the house... standin' alone in the bathroom, flossin' the teeth... Down comes my 7-year-old "sister" as I'm finishing up. So she starts chatting with me, etc... Soon I start to take my vitamins [which I'm trying to get in the habit of doing on a daily schedule]. So my sister asks me what I'm swallowing and I explain to her what the specific vitamins are, why I take them, what the benefits are, etc. She then proceeds to tell me that she, too, has vitamins but "hates" them. So then I of course have more of an urge to make her aware that vitamins realy aren't so bad, and in fact, they could maybe really pay off.

So about a week later I'm in the kitchen with my sister's mom and we're talking and whatnot... Well then my sister, out of the blue, says: "Mom, where are my vitamins? Can I have them now please?"
Surprised, her mother says "You can take them later; now it's too late because you haven't eaten for a while... and that's funny that you're asking me because you don't like your vitamins at all..."
My sister then automatically says "No. I love my vitamins. Can I take them tomorrow morning please?"

...It can really be quite great how you can rub off on a young, supple mind..!
[Of course, you must respect this advantage greatly!]

No comments: