Monday, July 28, 2008

Am I Maternal?

Living with my boss and her family in The Cities for the past month has really brought me to life at a different level... I guess you could say that, without them even knowing it, the family is helping me become more independent...part of the evolving journey known as the "growing stages" in my life... ??

I guess I have just been thinking about this more lately during the times I have found myself reflecting on being around my boss' two young girls. I mean, in all reality I have never had two younger siblings, not even to mention more than one other sibling... Things change, you know, for example... I now want to just "squeeze" the girls sometimes--squeeze them out of love, squeeze them because I find how much I adore them... I was even gone last week for two days and then when I got back the family was in Chicago on vacation... well I just wanted to hear their voices!!! Right when I arrived back at their house and no one was home but me, the first thing I noticed was their smell that filled the house--seriously! So before I thought I couldn't make it through babysitting and now I am wanting that children-filled environment more..??? What a contrast. .. I even am conscious of if the girls are finishing their food or not each night... and if they're not, well then I am sure the one you will find eating their scraps--just to not have anything go to waste, you know...

So the question is-- throughout this time of weening myself away from my direct family, am I really becoming more in-tune with my maternal self?

No comments: