Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hittin the Roads in White Bear Lake

The other day I ventured out on my road bike... it was about time.
Before arriving to live with my boss, Carrie, and her family [Pete, Anna, and Emma], I thought a lot about how great it would be to take out my bike and explore the different paths, the roads winding around the large lake, etc. So I finally took action on Tuesday.
I ended up taking some different roads than planned, but that worked out all right. The hills were minor, although they did make my breathing increase quite significantly. I am trying to fight/"work more peacefully with" that mindset that says "I haave to go biking in order to exercise to be in shape" and rather transform those thoughts into "aw it is so beautiful out here and I am thoroughly enjoying this free time out in nature"... It's tough; although I do believe it's a common struggle with society because of the "work-out" messages that are sub-consciously pounded into our minds each day.
Wednesday and today I did not get to bike, but that is OK.
Tomorrow is a new day and from there I will go, after returning from work with Carrie, hike out [peacefully] on the bike once again.

No comments: