Saturday, July 12, 2008

Getting back on the bike

After getting burnt-out of running in High School and not having the time to dance from the happenings of 2nd semester college, my sights have now looked to road biking.

Being here in White Bear Lake I've got some pretty nice roads to start riding on. The other day I had to laugh at myself as I was slowly and shakily trudging up a hill... or, a "hill." I must have looked pretty humorous with a determined, scrunched, almost-maybe pissed off look on my face... not to mention how it wasn't very questionable that I am an amateur. But at least I got out there and initiated the first step of "do-it-yourself--learning how to road bike!" ;)
I finished off the trek covering around 10 miles.
Finally the let me head out again for my second time today. Pete and I took a bit of a different route to get us closer to the side of the lake. The wind was a support for about the first 15 minutes and then it grew to be more against us. The sailboats were out and so were the people on the beach. It made me want to have a picnic, actually.
So now I'm improving the mindset on the hills and taking them lump by lump.

...Hopefully tomorrow I'll just remember the path we took today... vamos a ver.

No comments: