Thursday, July 17, 2008

A front with life's many realities.

A lot of times, especially with having a daily schedule like the majority of the world does, I don't realize how fortunate I am to have not yet [in my current 19 years of life] encountered one of life's [literally] dangerous turns. ..Gosh, I even type my words with care because there is always that back-minded fear of "If I confront it and acknowledge that this has not happened to me, then maybe something will happen to me just because I am acknowledging that it hasn't yet." But fear is always present whether consciously or subconsciously... and fear should [and shall not!] not bog onself down... so I guess I can say "screw that" apprehension. ..

Well I am saying all this because tonight I experienced some emotions that I hadn't for quite a while... I reacted strongly to some images of a high school senior who was just about to graduate and prepare for college and who, out of nowhere, lived through a severe and tragic car accident. There is a blog her mother keeps updated about the student's current health conditions and overall state of being. Additionally on that blog are pictures of the student-- one is a picture of the student right after the accident [in a coma] and the others are of the student and the student's friends throughout their high school years... It was as if looking at the student's face was a reflection of the possibilites life offers and the potential that youth holds for a massive population of the world today. Not to mention that seeing such images personified the student's personal life and joy incredibly.

But I don't know; I realize that I don't know the student at all but it was something that, in a way, connected with me inside.

Sometimes I guess these realizations bring us back to our fragile but sometimes ever-so-fruitful realities.
Thanks for those.

Annika

No comments: