Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Democracy... or something like it

Democracy wasn't made to be a two-party system... but that's the way it has turned out. It's a shame that the new Green Party candidate [former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney] has been proclaimed, and in all reality my values go with her, but I just feel that we don't have enough movements from the people of the US to make an Independent win possible--THAT is the shame.
According to America.gov, either a Democrat or a Republican has occupied the White House every year since 1852. Between McCain and Barack, the question has always been easy for me--Barack. It's as simple as that; [I say] get the scary-ass right side out!! But now I feel more that I have to vote for Barack [rather than voting Green]... just out of fear that McCain would make his gain if not.

No comments: