Monday, July 7, 2008

Re-entering Minneapolis

Driving over the 10th Street Bridge today I felt a feeling of foreignness that I can only remember really feeling when I was in my pre-college years, driving through the "unknown city" and looking at the tall buildings [specifically the riverside public housing buildings pop up in my mind because of their different scattered, squared colors]. I guess it's just that I hadn't been in the city for almost a few months now and sure, it'll take a little more getting used to. The bummer is that I won't have the city's streets right within the realm of my grasp. My bike and I won't have neither the simple luxury of being just a couple blocks away from Riverside nor will we be only a 10 minute bike ride from DinkyTown [although UpTown is definitely higher on the preferential scale].
But ya know, that is OK. The transitions just keep on coming and to encounter the most joys in life, one [specifically I, in this case] just has to roll with them.
So here's to finding the bliss amongst life's conveyor-belt transitions..!

No comments: