Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mbotma Bluegrass Music Fest

I just arrived back from spending two-and-a-half days in El Rancho Manana [insert tilde over first "n"] where I went with my dad and his friends to spend the weekend jamming to some old-time music.
The weekend went by really fast and it feels great to know that I soaked up my time there as well as I could. It's funny to think that when I was young I couldn't have cared less for the good twang of the banjo, and now I'm thinking about taking it up after I arrive back this year from traveling...
After listening to my dad play and listen to this genre of music for so long--I mean literally 19 years--bluegrass and folk have become more of a choice, an enjoyment.
The Mbotma Fest may just become an annual event for me; gosh, I even had my dad tired out from trying to see all of the acts. :)

For some genuinely unique excitement and energy, check out "Mountain Heart." "The Ditch Lillies," "The Stairwell Sisters" and "Grasstowne" also are highly recommended.

No comments: