Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Spending the last week with good people.

Alright.
These are my last few days in the office at Augsburg, at my "homestay" in White Bear, with the beautiful and energetic people of Admissions...
This, of course, is bittersweet ~ as many things in life are.

I do need transition - the cultural transition into Central America, specifically. Inside I feel I'm ready for it. But it is crazy to think that in such little time I have come to appreciate a substantial amount of people so much - these people would be my co-workers. No joke, but I tell you that it is a family environment in here. Just last night I spent the entirety of my evening and into the morning with two co-workers. Yes, these last couple days I am choosing to spend with them.

It's crazy to think that without working here I would not have experienced last night, not to mention how I would not have developed the connections with such unique individuals. So I am going to go on thinking of them from time to time. And when I do I will be inspired by their energy and bright, quirky [in truly the best way possible] personalities. I really will look forward to seeing them again in the future... and maybe even going to the Irish Fest with Amber, heading to a Twins game with Kendra, living in Carrie's house, going to a movie w/ Marissa and helping her out w/ her array of tasks, talking [maybe too long;) ] over lunch break w/ Mary about life, ... and on and on.. .

But we shall return in some way/time/dimension! ~ Until then ~~

No comments: