Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baggage Restrictions

My mom had me searching the Delta Airlines website this morning, scanning for any new information about my upcoming flights...
It was just last night when it dawned on me that not only will I really be leaving this Monday morning [1 am :) ] but I will also not be returning for five months or so... Let the learning and adventures begin!
But it does make me feel a little vulnerable acknowledging that... But that is O.K. My theory is that some of the most magnificently transforming times in life entail some of the most difficult... Vamos!
Does anyone have any information about restrictions/special instructions for taking a rucksack/backpacking gear on airlines??
I may have to opt for that rather than going with the normal pull-along luggage...

1 comment:

howie said...

Hi Annika,

I'm a dad of a future Auggie (and also Auggie Alum myself) and was reading through the admissions website when I stumbled upon your blog.

I don't know the actual specifics of traveling with an oversized bagpack, rucksack, or that type of gear, but through experience, I strongly suggest you consider buying insurance on the article, don't pack anything inside you can't easily replace if it's missing upon arrival, and double-check everything once you arrive (and BEFORE you leave the airport). If anything is missing, broken, ripped, torn, etc. - report it right then. Don't wait.

Good luck with your adventure, safe travels, and enjoy!!