Sunday, August 24, 2008

todo en el presente~~~

After picking up my friend on my bike today, we headed off to our main spot, The Blue Heron coffeehouse. As we were biking down her street she quickly noticed how still it was outside, and in that stillness she automatically felt a certain type of comfort.
My friend just finished living in Connecticut for four years and will be soaking up the Winona environment for some months now in her upcoming future. I guess it's a thing about being back in a smaller, generally tranquil town... you become refreshed and better aware of the peaceful stillness of the streets, of how you can actually hear the leaves shaking in the moderate wind... things like that.
I had to be reminded of this peace. It's funny what an awareness, present-moment-check does to you.
:)

No comments: