Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Scholar Citizen

The Scholar Citizen class, taught by Professor Crockett, is a great one I must say!
I just finished reading this morning some articles that seem to relate to Buddhism. We just handed in our 1st-to-last paper (last Friday), which was very relieving! That one was on Einstein, and I was really forced to make my paper as "argumentative" as possible -- the drafts were numerous. I'm trying to get into the whole "loving when you're writing" mood... which doesn't come as easily as one might assume! But it's all a process I suppose... Now, to finish off the semester, we'll be reading more and more philosophical articles from the internet... and in the end, we'll relate them all to the philosopher Rorty.

Favorite quote of yesterday, said by Don Gustafson (my HIS103 teacher):
"If you love Disney World, let me say that you would probably be a supporter of fascism."

:)

No comments: