Thursday, November 15, 2007

cultural dinner night at Bryan Coyle Center**

Good food day~~~goood food**

There are two huge things I love in life--- family,... and ethnic food.

So today I got a nice mix of them by exchanging emails with my parents and eating dinner at the Bryan Coyle Youth Center (it's near Mixed Blood Theater)-- simply great:)

Campus Kitchens (an Augsburg program that delivers and serves its left-over food to different organizations-- well they headed the event that had somalian food, mexican food, ethiopian food, and more-- I would say the spicy, curried chicken was my favorite-- I'm such a sucker for spicy food
and then this bread was also delicious... very mild tasting but very thick - which made it enjoyable!
If you volunteer for Campus Kitchens, all days are great-- but Tuesday is the day to volunteer! Then you get to go with my RA, Mama Nats, and I. We go to the Bryan Coyle Center and it is so neat to interact with the kids/teenagers and get them to eat their veggies, etc

then, a good additive of the day was also the "Thanksgiving" meal for lunch:)
You've gotta love the cranberry topping.

I also am getting ready for the snow--- Midwest Mountaineering has a sale going on through sunday-- get your boots!

i'll be back again~

annika

No comments: