Monday, January 21, 2008

You Could Find me Friday Night at Loring~

Salsa dancing at Loring Pasta Bar, Friday night, was the place to be. The amount of people that we had initially planned on going significantly diminished--but it turned out aaaall right!
Juve, Mama Nats, Beth, Ulises, and I went--in the FREEZING weather. I mean, literally, it must have been one of the COLDEST nights I had experienced in SUCH a long time.
And forgetting my ID in the car wasn't a help either. Luckily I had the arm of Ulises to hang on to, in order to not wipe out with the tacones (heels) I was wearin'... After getting one "x" put on each hand, we all decided to scope out the situation and watch the first, brave souls head out to the middle of the "dance floor."
Yes, so this year I began learning Flamenco and still continue to take classes two times a week, but Flamenco is not Salsa, sabes!
But Juve and I headed out there, with little embarrassment, and "shook around!"
;P
It was worth it! I soon swapped boys with Mama Nats and Ulises began showing me how to really move the hips--it just comes so naturally to that boy!
Later a Colombian man asked me to dance... I learned to "step out" after being spun.
By the end of the night, all the spinning got to me and I was starting to feel a little nauseous, furthermore because of the loud salsa music and whatnot... but it was well worth it and we'll be goin back!
Next time--tennnis shoes!

:).

No comments: