Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Bar Scene

I had to laugh last night upon hearing "I'll make an exception tonight, but they've gotta be outta here at 11."
This statement came from the owner of "Ed's No Name Bar." So to elaborate, last night E and I went with my parents to the aforementioned bar...But there was a purpose, mind you! We all went to go see our family friend and his band, "Windmills." This was an open show and we, especially I, love their music style. 11 pm ended up being the perfect time to leave, so it was all right. The bar owner, who was the only worker there that night, only asked if we were 21 after my mom lovingly asked for two "Shirly Temples" (aka Kiddy Cocktails)--aka sprite and cherry flavoring--obviously no alcohol.

This was no big deal at all; but I guess there are just laws that state that even if you're with your parents, under-agers still can't legally be in a bar past 9, in Minnesota at least.
So, last night I did get a little excited for the age of 21 to come:0P

No comments: