Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tomorrow is Pay Day ! Yeah!!

So as I would soon be departing from my dad after spending the weekend with my parents (first time going home since I've got here), my dad gets the $20 bill out of his pocket. We're walking into Target for a bathroom stop and a quick latte from Starbucks... he says: "Well, I was gonna give you this anyway so here you go, you can use it for Starbucks"...
I quickly start to re-evaluate if I really need/want this latte anymore...
yeaahhhh... it's aaall different when you have to pay with the little money that is yours (or, in this case, occasionally given to you).. my trips to the coffeeshops have dropped to an all-time low... i now mooch coffee off of the lunch room after breakfast (to-go thermal mugs are always a plus to have with you).. I have that cheap "latte mix" that comes in little packets--which, by the way, i usually end up using with water rather than milk because milk costs money...
I now take fruit from the lunch room back to the dorm room rather than buying it at the grocery store.. and we know i love my fresh organic fruit... these are just two examples to give you an idea.. but you all get what i am saying.. the money just runs out here - and FAST
so at least the roomy and i have started a change jar...
:)
but on that things passage of getting filled up, we are staying positive!

buenas!

No comments: