Monday, September 10, 2007

Post- First Week Reflections...

Hello everyone!
So, after last week I can look back and sigh reflectively, with content feelings inside. .. ahh.
After getting here September 1st and having the fun move-in escapades, I feel like I got to know the girls on my floor at an ever-so-fortunate fast rate. Really, I mean I will let you know, that is where my blogger name came from - annika del quinto - literally saying "annika from the 5th". I just felt that I couldn't go without including the pride I already have for my floor. ..:) Also, that title holds even more significance because of the fact that it purveys another love of mine- spanish. To give you a little background info, I have grown up with a cultural love instilled in me (one specific reason being my mom's field of work)... So then when I traveled to live in Mexico last summer with a close friend and her family (who live in Chihuahua, Mexico), my love for the spanish language and cultures burst into a whole new realm... Thus, fast-forward to January 2007--I was finishing off my senior year of high school in Andalucia, Spain.
Ok, so now I'm here - in my second week of college. I'm getting used to.. having the window open 24/7, two fans constantly circulating air throughout my new habitat, sharin' space with "Rooms"(Erin- my lovely, sisterly roommate whom I can be quite goofy with already:)), staying up late and getting up early to (hopefully) trek over to the Kennedy workout center, having Christensen as "the meeting spot" before heading up to meals with friends, doing a lot of good (that's what we've gotta tell the subconscious) reading for class, exploring The Cities on "the basket bike", asking people to tell me their names again, trying to go to eeeverryyy event that Augsburg offers, and having some good laughs and conversations with some people that I'm really excited to develop deeper friendships with-- There is a lot, a lot, more that I am getting used to and just soaking up-- but I will save that for later :)
As of now, about three novels are calling my name for three different classes...
Hopefully I will make my self-initiated bedtime mark of 11pm tonight.. alright, let's make it 11:30 --there's always that steadfast coffee at the caf in the morning that is an option..
Goodnight mom and dad!!

--annika.

No comments: