Wednesday, September 12, 2007

im letting it go for tonight... sleep is just more important

so tonight was my first night of Flamenco dancing here in "The States" - at Zorongo dance studio. It was truly great-- there was even a guitarist. Anways, the point of me telling you this is to get out the good point of finding something that you're passionate about while in college-- and seeing the beautiful ability it gives you to "get away", let out that side that is sometimes in the shadows of every day college life.. breaaathe a little bit.. :)
Well, the Zorongo studio has the potential to do just that for me!

My roommate and I have a whiteboard on our door-- tonight's writing was: "Studying... see you tomorrow! ...(And that is just a passive way of us saying 'If you knock, we won't be answering') ".
That is just an example of the limits I have learned that need to be set more-- sometimes having your room with a few people in it-while trying to do homework- just doesn't work out the ideal way you would like it to! So I have opted for the library and "the fish bowl" in the Christensen Center-- it gives studying a little variety.. and we all know almost everyone enjoys a little bit of that in life;)

tomorrow my roommate and i will do some more "neighborhood-seeing" when we get up at 6:30 am and go for a walk! yes for early morning wake ups!
also, I would recommend "True Thai" restaurant-- many girls from my floor and I went last night-- the shrimp spring rolls will get your taste buds a-goin... side note: paul at the ice cream place a block away from "True Thai" will give you one of the best baby cones you've had in your life--- tell him Annika sent you.

signing out and having sweet dreams already...
buenas noches.

annika

No comments: