Saturday, May 31, 2008

So today after breakfast I headed off walking by myself to go to a cafe and do some homework... That turned into walking around many parts of Cuernavaca for two hours. This was for two reasons: one, I really enjoy walking--especially around places that I have never seen before; and two, because I was too picky about the cafes and didn't want to sit down in any of those fancy ones that looked like tourist-attractors. Ok, so then since I did walk so much I can admit that I drifted from my "route" and got quite a bit off course and "lost"... But no worries at all! All I had to do was ask for some directions. One woman told me I should take the bus back because of the distance but there was no way I was settling for that; walking was a must!:)
By the time I got back to where I had planned on being I had about 40 minutes to do some work. My philosophy, though, is that learning does not solely come from the homework that is done, but even more so the learning comes from the experiences and reflections that are had---ah ha!
---So now I don't feel so bad about not getting to my work right away.

No comments: