Thursday, May 15, 2008

M.I.A. at The Myth

M.I.A. put on literally the most entertaining live music show I have ever attended.
Yes, the sound wasn't all that great, but I was not even aware of that factor at the time.
To tell you the truth, on the way to the Cities her CD was on repeat and the same thing happened on the way back. M.I.A. IS IN MY HEAD!!!!
The pretty awesome, alright--incredibly awesome, thing that happened though was actually meeting M.I.A. herself and having a couple conversations with her dancers and back-up singer, Charity and Sisco.
They were quite down-to-earth.
Yas and I "woman-ed up" to ask for their autographs and then we told them a little bit about ourselves. I mean hombre, ya gotta do it. Why let the moment pass you up?
Going out of the comfort zone is so rewarding usually ayyy

POWER TO THE PEOPLE
M.I.A.--THIRD WORLD DEMOCRACY

In the words of M.I.A. as she culminated her performance: "Have an open mind."

--PAZ.

No comments: