Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Something beautiful

So some great things have been going on back at home since I´ve been gone in Brasil. This is bittersweet, even heartbreaking in some ways to realize, but at the same time it is joyous. For example, my brother just became a husband last Sunday. Wow. I finally got to see a couple of the wedding pictures today and I really could not believe that the man there was my brother.
I know, one would think right now--- Why were you, Annika, not at your own brother´s wedding?!!
Well, if only things were so simple... Let´s keep it short and say that my brother and I were pulled into two different life realities: me-Brasil, him-the Army.
But I can say whole-heartedly that my spirit was there with my family without a doubt.
How wonderful is it to know that someone you care about so dearly has opened themselves up to more love in life... yes.

No comments: