Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Being alright (all right?) with what is unknown

You know, before (and I'm talking these-past-months-before) it was quite easy for me to get really, I mean substantially worked up while thinking about this upcoming summer... And this was even while knowing that I still would have a Brasil trip coming up this second semester, that I still would have weeks of time at home in Winona to spend with my parents and (partially)"stabilize" myself. But what is it that helps to change these non-stop, thinking, planning mentalities? What was it for me? Talking with people in a "real" manner helped. Trying to get the humanness into my conversations and dialogue about things that really had been going on in my life, processing them not just alone in my mind but with others... as Paulo Freire says in "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" - being in communion with the people to critically analyze life's realities and act upon a transforming reality.
Am I even making sense? Life, for me, I have realized more and more, is a lot of feeling what I learn and what I want to say... not so much being able to describe my feelings, my learnings in the most academically proficient or concise manner - but actually feeling some effects inside. I don't know if this is more frustrating or beautiful or worse or a mixture of some and all... But times like these do, at least, remind one of the profoundness of feeling and that one can do it - you know, feel.

No comments: