Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow in Madrid

Today, the first day in 23 years, it has snowed in Madrid. All throughout the day various news stations aired different images filled with white backgrounds highlighted by the weather.
My friend called me from Madrid before arriving to class and told me that he and some others had made a snow person... This was the first time in his life and he was loving it. Coming from Minnesota, I had to remember that many places in Spain barely ever see any snow (although many others in the North and in the Sierra Nevada do), therefore I couldn't take this weather lightly being here in Spain. I guess after not having been in Minnesota for many months it has been refreshing and somewhat joyful to be a part of this weather excitement here. But on the other side the snow is slowing things up (maybe we need a little more of that in life...) - Renfe (train), schools, airplanes, and highways are all delayed. We'll see if this snow keeps up and affects my flight on the 20th...!

No comments: