Monday, December 22, 2008

Stolen passport... still some luck

Last Thursday as I was heading for Andújar, Jaén, (from Madrid)I hopped on the Metro with my big backpackers bag that I have been hauling for about four months now and one other backpack that has stuck with me also. Well, little to my knowledge (if my intuition is correct), the two men that were standing strangely close to me on the not-so-filled metro had robbed me. Robbed. For the first time in my life. I didn´t even realize what had happened until I was about to get on the bus to Andújar. Of course, my robbed wallet also had in it my bus ticket. Luckily the conductor listened to my story and let me on in a secret manner of some sort.
I think the tears in my eyes helped a bit.
With a "que lástima" smile on his face, he said "Welcome to Madrid"...

No comments: