Monday, March 10, 2008

Nobel Peace Prize Forum

The entirety of this past weekend was spent in Moorehead, MN for the Nobel Peace Prize Forum. Concordia was the host and it was a wonderful set up.
I think the majority of everyone there would agree that the Norwegian Peace rep. from the UN was hilarious with his unique humor and soft-spoken persona. But moreover I believe everyone was incredibly impressed with Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh. His innovations with micro-credit for women from Bangladesh have been paramount. Every time I looked down at my notes or my eyes wandered to other sides of the gym, I caught myself and thought: "These people are amazing; I should be watching and studying them every second that I can!"

Ok... To be continued. Off to the Honors Review Council!

No comments: