Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Buying the Plane Ticket

I just got done buying my plane ticket for my Summer Study Abroad program in Cuernavaca, Mexico...
Those internet search engines can really be put to use!
But I did a sort of spur-of-the-moment thing and got just a one-way ticket... Yes, in the long run it does make sense to buy a round-trip ticket, but I just am still not sure if I will stay in Mexico City for a week longer (after the end of my program) or if I'll go see my "family" and friends in Parral, Chihuahua... Vamos a ver. The future will tell us...
Now I also just finished emailing--what I am writing to you right now--to my dad. I can just see the eyebrows starting to frown. But I explained my reasonings well and stated that I still support my one-way ticket decision, etc. I like the idea of being a pseudo "free bird" and we'll see what happens with it. I've got some extra money stowed away for occurrences such as this; and I'm fully willing to use that money for a ticket home. I also just applied to a couple "cheap travel" sites and am secretly hoping that when I'm in Mexico nearing the end of my program, that I'll come upon a few last-minute, cheap flights back to MN.
Well, I'm not worried---so let's just hope the parents will feel the same!

:) Buenas Noches

No comments: