Saturday, November 8, 2008

Obama.

It was said that all will remember where they were and what they were doing on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. I believe this to be especially true. What an environment it was in Managua, Nicaragua, the night of the election results and the days building up to them and after...
Before Tuesday, November 4, the interest of many Central Americans whom I encountered had great enthusiasm about Barack Obama... I was asked many times whom I supported and the other times the question of whom I preferred as a candidate was gently alluded to... This didn´t surprise me too much because I already recognized, as the BBC News said, that this was the election that will "affect the entire world."
There was great emotion when the 17 others and I, all in the house of the Center for Global Education, were expecting only California´s polling results and then we automatically saw Barack´s face pop up on the screen with "Elected President." !!!!!!!
Of course people were jumping, hugging, staring at the screen with a long smile on their faces,... in awe in a way. It wasn´t even that people were doubtful that Barack would win, although of course there was a little anxious worry, but it was just that we all knew that this was a monumental moment in history and we were so fortunate to have taken part in it... to even witness it.
I can say that I am so extremely proud and still unbelieving that we have Barack Obama for our new President.
Now it is really time for us to get to work.
Grassroots action is calling. But it is not just Barack´s job. We must support him and our fellow community members.
LET´S DO IT!!!

No comments: